Dandelion Cycle

 Audrey Huang 

Mrs.Smith

English 11AP

25 August 2026

Dandelion Cycle

The dismissal bell rang on the first day of school, and I was headed towards my usual bus stop. Along the seemingly endless sidewalk, I spotted a few dandelions and blow flowers wedged into the blades of grass. The wind picked up, and I watched as the current of the wind blew against the pappus–grazing the edge of the soft feathered seeds attached to the blow flower. The seeds flew in different directions-all disappearing into oblivion. This made me think about the cycles of life, as well as the opportunities we miss–or take for granted. 

<= The flower(s) I saw

Each dandelion and blow flower was different in height, pigmentation, and shape. The small differences and intricate details of the flowers reminded me of the choices an individual makes in their life. When the wind blows the seed away, a new flower grows where the seed lands.

Each seed represents a singular decision, and after making your decision, the outcome symbolically grows into the flower. In life, everyone makes their own decisions. Sometimes the decisions may lead to mistakes (which is ok).

When a blow flower seed lands on concrete, that's like the mistakes that we make in life. Sometimes, there's second chances in life where you can fix your mistakes. Those second chances are represented by the seed. The seed gets a second chance in its purpose of growing a new flower when the wind drags it towards the dirt.

This relates to my identity because of the mistakes I make. If I were a seed, I would find myself lying on the concrete due to my bad time management. A common mistake that I make is underestimating or overestimating my bus’s arrival times. Whether it's morning or afternoon, I always seem to miss the bus. I often arrive at the bus stop as it's driving away, but sometimes the wind picks md up and I fly to the bus stop (JK the bus driver just waits for me). 

<= Photo I took on the bus

In relation to bad time management., I procrastinated this assignment because I had no idea what I wanted to write about. I ended up going through my camera roll for inspiration–leading me to come across the vlog I made on the first day of school! The vlog contained the visual aspects of my topic regarding the dandelions which is why I decided to write about it!! I like vlogging or recording videos for fun because then I get to look back at the videos–reminiscing about moments of the past.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shon Khisti Week 1 - 🧿

Sanshray Vakkalagadda Week 1 - Losing Yourself